The Rochester High School Athletics Department and Athletics Hall of Fame Committee are collecting nominees for the 2023 Hall of Fame Class. If you have an athlete, coach, or other contributor you would like to honor, please use this form. We look forward to honoring these amazing Falcons in 2023!
Follow us on Social Media!
Rochester High School Parents/Caregivers,
In the past years, the Rochester High School staff have recognized that students are busier than ever. From academics to after school activities, students have a lot on their plates. We also understand that the next weeks of school bring about the challenges of final exam preparation and testing, something many students are not used to. With this in mind, teachers at Rochester High School spent the past year brainstorming ways to help support student achievement, wellness, and success. After discussion with many school stakeholders and fellow educators, the concept of an Advisory period was developed. We are looking forward to having our first Advisory period between 2nd and 3rd hours on Wednesday, December 7th.We plan to continue this pilot program for a total of four Wednesdays (12/7, 12/14, 12/21, and 1/11) at which time we will reassess the program.
What is Advisory?
- Advisory is a 49 minute class period within the school day each Wednesday
- It will alternate each week between AM and PM sessions so all students (including those who travel for OSTC) will be able to participate
- Other class periods will be shortened by approximately 6 minutes on Wednesdays to accommodate for this class period (the alternate class schedule will be provided to students via teachers and posted inside the building)
Advisory is a time for students to:
- Complete homework
- Get extra help from a teacher
- Prepare for final exams
- Make up an assessment from an absence
- Retake an assessment, if available
- Contact teachers via email to arrange for absences, missing work completion, appointments, etc.
- Obtain information regarding college/career plans, prepare for the SAT, or any other academic pursuit
Students will be scheduled into an Advisory (displayed as period zero on StudentVue and ParentVue) but may receive a pass from one of their other teachers or support staff for targeted academic or social-emotional support. To be clear, Advisory is not a time for students to access social media, utilize their cell phone, or otherwise misuse their time in school. We believe that having this scheduled time during the day for additional academic support will allow students to experience more academic success while maintaining personal wellness.
If you have any questions about Advisory, please don’t hesitate to connect with our administration team. Mr. Wrinkle can be reached at 248-726-5401, Mr. Amore at 248-726-5415, or Mrs. Pasquale at 248-726-5416.
Congratulations to Mr. Zwolinski on earning Honored's Teacher of the Month for December! Mr. Z has been a U.S. History teacher at Rochester High School for over 13 years and was nominated by multiple RHS students for his amazing teaching. We are so proud and lucky to have Mr. Z as a teacher at RHS! Read the full article here.
Tutoring will take place in the Blue Lab in the Media Center. If your student would like to participate, please make sure you turn in this form to the main office.
SENIOR ALL NIGHT PARTY INFO!!!!!
Calling all volunteers:
There is a parent/volunteer meeting scheduled for:
Tuesday, Dec. 6th, 7pm-8:30 in the RHS Media Center
To make this party possible for our kids, we need lots of DONATIONS and HELP! There are so many volunteer opportunities available. If you want to help a little or a lot, work behind the scenes or take on a committee, WE NEED YOU!
See below for:
1) A list of available committee/volunteer opportunities (we will be amending the list as more opportunities become needed)
2) A link to the DONATIONS SIGNUP GENIUS
3) Link to Ticket purchase
Make sure you order you cap and gown here by 12/1/22!
Senior Parent Meetings
- Senior All Night Parent Meeting will be December 6th in the Media Center at 7pm.
- Senior Parent Meeting is at 9am on December 21st (following Breakfast with Your Baby) in the mall.
Senior All Night Party
Here's the link to sign up to give donations for the Senior All Night Party raffle. These are items that will be raffled off the night of SANP for our seniors. Most of these items can be quickly purchased on Amazon and delivered to you within a couple of days.
Senior All Night Party Tickets
- Registration now open: two ways to sign up and pay:
If your child has an early dismissal please call the attendance line as early as possible in the day at 248-726-5410. This is an automated number that is checked continuously between 6:30am – 3:00pm. Have your student pick up their pass in the morning, during passing time, or at lunch. We do not deliver passes. However, we will deliver a pass if it is a last minute emergency.
Please feel free to utilize the PARENTVUE to report an absence (full day or partial day). Simply note in the COMMENT SECTION, the time of the early dismissal or late arrival.
If you do not call to report the early dismissal you will have to wait until one of our Safe-Ed Security interrupts the class to get the student which can take up to 15 minutes. Once the early dismissal is reported and the student has picked up their pass they are free to meet you in the pick-up loop. You are not required to come into the building.
PARENT DROP-OFF/PICK-UP - KEY POINTS TO KEEP OUR STUDENTS SAFE!
Use the Tradition loop, located off Walton Blvd. to enter the Parent Drop-off/Pick-up loop. Please go slow for the safety of our students/teachers and other drivers.
Please keep our students safe by following these procedures when dropping off your student at school:
1. PULL FORWARD ALL THE WAY UNTIL YOU COME TO A COMPLETE STOP.
2. Students should exit the car wherever it stops on the right side of the loop and proceed to the entrance.
3. Once your child exits the car anywhere in the loop on the right side, you may pass other cars in the inner (left) lane.
We are pleased to announce that Courtesy Driving School will be holding their Segment 1 and Segment 2 classes at our high schools again starting in September! You can register for their classes at https://www.courtesydrivingschool.com/locations.html. The fall sessions are now posted and open for enrollment. You can contact Courtesy Driving School at (800) 256-9559 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Rochester High School Safety and Security
The safety and security of all students and staff at Rochester High is always a top priority. To help us in these efforts, please see the information below:
- Students can enter the building through two entrances, the Main Office entrance and the Livernois entrance. The Livernois entrance will close after 7:30 am.
- Campus will remain closed throughout the school day. All grades will have lunch on campus.
- Students are NOT to utilize fast food delivery services. This includes DoorDash, Grub Hub, Instacart, or Uber Eats, etc. for food delivery.
- If students are traveling to other campuses throughout the day, they are asked to check out of RHS in the Attendance Office and check back in when they return.
- Students are encouraged to utilize their assigned lockers to minimize their belongings in the classroom.
If you see something, say something. Please report all safety and security concerns to the Main Office Staff or to Deputy Jesse Haglund.